Yorvit Torrealba signed a one year minor league deal with the Rockies. The objective was to provide veteran leadership for the prized young catcher, Willin Rosario. Torrealba previously played for the Rockies from 2006-2009.
Most Rockies fans remember Torrealba from the beloved 2007 season with the "Rocktober" run to the world series. He hit .247 that year but more importantly managed the pitching staff with his bilingual abilities.
Torrealba will not help the Rockies much with his bat as he turns 35 in July. He has never hit over .300 in his career but hit .291 with Colorado in 2009. However the signing provides security in the catching rotation. The Rockies have veteran C Ramon Hernandez but he will participate in the World Baseball Classic and was hindered with injuries last year.
Related VideosReturning Soon!!!!
- Colorado Rockies Sign RP Manny Corpas to Minor-league Deal
- Major League Baseball Pays for Rights to Rockies.com
- What to Expect from Colorado Rockies 1B Todd Helton
- Discussing the Colorado Rockies Prospects: 3B Nolan Arenado
- A Year in Review – Colorado Rockies: 2012
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/p7k